19 November 2007

Regrouping





















As best as I can tell, this is the last photo of the studio for a while. Which is too bad because I missed some things I would like to have documented. The project quit being fun for a while and I really had to hustle to figure out what, exactly, still needed to be done and who was going to do it.

The building inspector was nice enough to come out, go through the building, and tell me what still needed to be done and how it should be done. I'd played a little in-the-round gig at a local club the weekend before and remembered Doug, the songwriter next to me mentioning that he was a reluctant carpenter. I found his number, called him up and, though I had to wait for a while, he carved out some time for me. Because of his intermittent availability, he recommended a second fellow as a sub. A publisher who'd been building and contracting for years came over, gave me his two cents and recommended a third songwriter/carpenter/handyman. Between the three of them and myself, we finished the miscellaneous work for the inspector and the subsequent work beyond. I worked hand in hand with each of them and it worked out pretty well for the most part.

I was really fortunate to be able to pick up and proceed without too long a delay. It just took me a while to get the camera back in my hand.

No comments: