24 November 2007

Siding

Here's the finished siding and it looks beautiful. I used HardiePlank lap siding with a bit of a wood grain design. Hardie makes a fabulous product for siding. On my main house, I have the old asbestos shingles. I found the Hardie manufactures replacement shingles in their Hardieboard material as an exact match so that homeowners can just replace a few without having to reside the entire house.

If you look under the threshold of the front door, you can see where one of the handymen and I propped up the door with scrap wood. Willie said that he'd come back to make a brick threshold support. He never did so we set a length of 4 x 4 treated post lumber underneath. I'll have to replace that eventually but it should hold fine for a few years at least.

Below is a shot of the back with the siding completed and the back shed door installed. I bought that door for $5 from Habitat and had it cut to fit the shorter frame. Unfortunately, the cut was not sealed properly so it's been damaged by the rain. Have to fix that!

No comments: