08 December 2007

Painting





















D.I.Y. now took on an entirely new depth of meaning. I painted the entire inside alone. I had a good time doing it, although the high ceilings were a challenge, and was very pleased with the results. To reach the highest parts of the main room ceiling I used ladders and extension poles and let myself not worry too much about covering every millimeter inside the high angle.

For the main room I used plain white ceiling paint because I found a 5 gallon bucket for $15 in the oops! paint section,. I think that the lid was damaged or something but the paint was just fine. For the loft I used other oops! paint I'd picked up along the way and hand mixed the pale yellow for the supply room and desert pink for the back room from left overs and colored quarts.

No comments: